Episode 2 of our podcast! Make sure you are subscribed.
Discussing Going thru, and how trials test you. Also, growing in your trial to come out stronger!
Podcast available here!
We've been there, if you are married and breathing you've been there. Anytime you are dealing with anyone else and their own individual opinions some one is bound to get upset, especially when both parties are pretty are set. Arguing, hot tempered conversations, quarreling... Whatever you call it, most people don't like to talk about it. From my experience, having a argument (or heated discussion) is a perfectly normal occurrence in any marriage. There are a few rules though that must be followed if there is to be growth afterwards. 1. Be respectful 2. Keep your tone in check 3. Pray and ask God for guidance When talking to your spouse about a topic that can be pretty heated it is quite easy for a "shady" comment to slip out. Be respectful, be kind and be loving, even when it's hard to! Don't return shade with shade, that's a good way to stifle the conversation and miss out on the opportunity to connect with your spouse. This leads into the next rul...
Whats holding your marriage together? Have you ever stopped to really think about that. Is it the kids, or is it finances? Is it guilt, or fear? Or is it commitment, or love? There is at least one marriage out there that one of these things above is what they feel is holding their marriage together. But what happens when the children grow up and move out? What happens when one feels like they now make enough money to be on their own, so finances are not a factor? What happens when the guilty party doesn't have the guilt anymore? What happens if someone breaks the commitment? Or what happens is the fairytale is over and it feels like the love has faded? Is there still a marriage, will you stay and work it out? Or has the key ingredient to holding your marriage together been missing all along? Me and my husband learned not too long ago that even if we didn't feel like we loved each other at times, if we truly loved God that was enough to work through anything. How do...
As I write this, I am sitting here reflecting over my life over the past year, the grace of God, the blessings and grace that I have reaped because of my family and I just thank God for it all! Things this time right now as I celebrate my 34th birthday could be so different, but because I made the choice within my soul, that I love God, not just the things of God, but God himself, things have turned around in a way I could not have even imagined! My marriage has not always been a bed of roses, nor has it always felt like we involved the love of Christ in it, but when we made a conscious decision that we were not just married to each other, that we were married to Christ as well, things changed! Not just in our marriage though, but my whole outlook on life! I posted on my personal Facebook page the other day that hindsight is a wonderful thing! Tho we can't change anything in our past, but if you knew now when you knew years ago, I am sure most if not all of you would say that ...
Comments
Post a Comment