Your inalienable right to be happy...

I came to the realization that a happy marriage involves 2 things. (1) A choice and (2) the love that you have in your marriage should be a reflection that you have for God!

It took a long time for me to come to this but if you want to be happy, then choose to be happy, first thing though, you have to love God. If you love God, then there are certain things you just can not do and your interactions with people and your own actions must reflect that. I dealt with depression for so long because of things that had happened to me, things I did myself and was sad most of the time because I did not know how to change them. It was not until I was given a choice to say that I love God, which I do, and then to act like it. 

As a child of God, you have inalienable rights (rights that can not be surrendered) to go to God the Father and ask for the desires of your heart. My kids, because I am their Father, can come to me and ask me for anything, so long as it lines up with something that I desire for them, I will do it. Why would any Father not want what they feel is best for their children? By faith, you can boldly go to God and say fix it. Because you are an heir to the Kingdom (according to Romans 8:17), this inalienable rights can not be taken away by anyone! 

So choose to be happy, choose to reflect your faith back into your marriage and watch God work a miracle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast: Overview of Marriage the 3rd Ring S1-E1

Relationships and communication