Are you willing to grow with your spouse

1 Corinthians 13:11

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

So I felt like I wanted to address the marriage issue in the media right now. There were so many scriptures that came to mind. Especially scriptures on divorce, but this seemed perfect.

Hopefully when we get married it’s is for better or worse and till death do you part. But we know things happen if there is infidelity that you can’t forgive we know God gives you a pass because he doesn’t want your heart to be hardened and I have a problem with abuse I don’t recommend nobody stays when they are being abused and the spouse won’t get help, i somewhat wonder if Hod was ever in that marriage.

But when you see irreconcilable differences, I wonder First of all you both are human you’re not going to think the same. But you don’t want a puppet you want someone with a different opinion sometimes and if it is causing friction pray, and seek counsel.

Say your spouse wants something different then they did when you first got married A different job, a house instead of an apartment, a cat instead of a dog, or a child? What do you do. 

When you get married you should expect goals and dreams to change I personally married a college student 21 years old no responsibilities. There is no way 15 years later I would want him to still think the same way. To Not grow mentally, spiritually, economically. 

Same as with me, I’m not the same. As you grow into maturity see more, learn more you want more. Nobody wants the same thing at 18 you wanted at 5. So why would you think you want the same thing in your 40s you wanted on your 20s.

So what happens when your spouse changes and wants something different, do you run? Do you discuss it? Do you pray?

At the end of the day you work it out, if you have a medical issue that would cause you not to have kids think about adoption if you feel like you won’t be a good parent go to counseling and pray.

If you’re not a cat person compromise to get a cage for it. If you have a phobia on houses. Talk about it and pray about it.

So at the end of the day we all grow in different ways so expect it you would be mad if you planted a tree that didn’t grow. You should always pour in and build up your spouse, so expect growth and maturity 

And remember Communication with God first, then your spouse. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast: Overview of Marriage the 3rd Ring S1-E1

Relationships and communication